Energy Efficient Family Home in Kirkwood, MO
This Kirkwood green home was custom built for a family that desired a high performance, energy efficient home along with more space for their growing family. They knew they wanted to build a home in Kirkwood, MO and after finding the right land they decided Hibbs Homes was the best St. Louis home builder to build their dream home.
Since this is a home was designed for a large family, the homeowners decided to have the master suite on the first floor, three large bedrooms upstairs and also room for a future media room upstairs. They wanted to utilize all the space they could in their home, which is why they decided to finish their basement for when family visits for extended periods of time.
The family also wanted an open floor plan between the kitchen and great room but needed a separate dining room for entertaining. Since the couple loves to entertain, having an exterior screened porch and an adjacent patio was important to them.
Features of this Kirkwood green home include:
• Geothermal heating and cooling
• Upgraded insulation package that includes BIBS (Blown in Blanket System)
• Thorough caulk/seal package
• Owen's Corning Energy Complete and Icynene spray foam
• Energy Star - windows, lights, and appliances
• Low flow plumbing fixtures
• Custom kitchen and bath cabinets
• Tile warmer in master shower
• Custom tile work in bathrooms
• Special moldings and trim work
• HERS index of 41 (meaning it is 59% more efficient than a code home built)
• Performance tested and rated 5+ stars