Charming Kirkwood Italianate Home Named Infill of Merit
Completed in the fall of 2011, this new home built in Kirkwood, MO was awarded an "Infill of Merit" by the City of Kirkwood for being a new, single-family home that "fits seamlessly into the existing character of its neighborhood through architectural style and use of scale, proportion, materials, textures, and details."
In 2021, Home Builder Digest recognized Hibbs Homes among the "Best Italianate Builders in the US" for our work building this home, which was designed by Jeff Day & Associates.
We partnered with our clients and the architect to build this Italianate-style home that is reminiscent of the older homes in the Kirkwood area and is more durable, extremely energy efficient, and more comfortable.
This custom designed and built two-story home in Kirkwood features:
- James Hardie siding
- Energy Star appliances, lights, and windows
- Geothermal zoned heating and cooling
- Custom kitchen cabinets, living room bookcases, and bathroom vanities
- Primary bedrooms ensuite features heated floor tile warmer system, granite countertops, and glass block shower surround
- Thorough caulk and seal package with upgraded insulation for superior energy-efficiency
- Cedar decking and pergola
- Two-sided fireplace that can be enjoyed from the patio and great room
This beautiful Kirkwood home is a great example of how traditional architecture and design combined with advanced high-performance building techniques delivers a home with character and charm and outstanding energy efficiency and comfort.