An Artist's Custom Hideaway in St Charles County, MO
After searching for a home that had an open concept floor plan, but a modest amount of square-footage that was ideal for their family, our clients decided to purchase the perfect lot and build a custom home to get exactly what they wanted. Situated on a semi-private, wooded lot in Foristell, MO this St. Charles County home - a custom ranch - is exactly what our clients wanted, and is built to specially suit their family's needs.
Here are a few highlights from this project:
• The walk-out basement features a full art studio with two walls of windows for natural light and an overhead lighting design that allows our artist client to adjust the light as needed for what she is working on.
• The artist studio's floor is made from a finished concrete that is easy to clean and maintain.
• The master bedroom has a quiet nook with a built-in window seat for peaceful reading and writing.
• The master bathroom includes two single pedestals with plenty of space between so getting ready at the same time is simpler.
• The large kitchen features an abundance of custom cabinetry and workspace.
• The pantry storage areas from the architect's plans were converted to a seating area and butler's pantry at the client's request.
• Open concept floor plan combines living, dining, and kitchen spaces on main level.
• Large windows and windowed doors give the space an abundance of natural light without impacting the ambient temperature inside.
• Large backyard accessible from the main floor and basement.
• Mixed materials on front of the home include stone, brick, shingles, and siding.
• Vaulted ceiling in the great room give the room an open and spacious feel.
• Our clients were thrilled with the options that custom building gave them, and are happy to have moved into a home perfectly suited to their family's lifestyle and needs.