Salt Lake City’s Premier Custom Home Builder
Hibbs Homes is a dedicated custom and luxury home builder serving Nothern Utah. Every home we build is tailored to our clients' visions and lifestyles, which means we have never built the same home twice. Our team of expert designers and builders guide you through the process of building a new home and bringing your dream home to life.
Maybe you've always wanted to design and build a home of your own, or you simply can't find a home that fits your family's needs and don't want to fit your life into someone else's floor plan. Hibbs Homes can guide you through the process to build the home you want, where you want to live.
Our better-built custom homes are well-crafted, low maintenance, and energy-efficient. We believe building a new home should be exciting and rewarding, and our transparent process includes a Risk-Free Planning Process & Price Guarantee.
- When you build a custom home, communication is the key to eliminating the stress. That's what we appreciated the most. Hibbs Homes is exceptional at that part of the process.
— Vandeven Family
Our clients trust us to turn their dream home into a reality. Throughout the home building process, a dedicated design and construction team works with you to assist in budgeting, floor plan development, and making design choices. We work to understand your home building goals and to make certain they are met at the completion of construction.
Our approach to home building is different than other custom home builders in Salt Lake City, and our dedication to communication and proven processes that make the home building experience exceptional for our clients. In fact, communication is one of our core values. Here are just a few of the stories our customers have shared with us about life in their dream home - and the process of making their vision a reality.
On the eve of Earth Day, the owners of one of North America’s most energy efficient homes share their experience living in this unique home. Three years ago, hundreds of people lined up to view a one of a kind home built in Webster Groves. The home, built by Hibbs Homes and designed by Jeff Day & Associates Architects was …
The Derner family lived in a home that suited almost all of their needs, but the biggest problem they had with the home was the location. The couple no longer worked near the area they were living in anymore, so they knew it was time for a move. They looked and looked for a house …
With four children, eight grandchildren, and a growing congregation to serve, Mark and Gayle Friz dreamed of a day that they’d have enough space to host them all in their home. The Friz’s have served as a pastoral couple since 1994 and had lived in the church parsonage since their arrival. As they neared retirement …
Custom-Built Home Designed As An Everyday Getaway For Couple & Their Pups Barbara and Chris waited more than 10 years to build their dream home, and by the time they began their project with our team, they had a very clear vision of the home they wanted to build. They purchased a large wooded lot …
Award-Winning Custom Home Builder
Custom Home Gallery
Get inspiration for your custom home construction project by exploring our gallery of past projects. As you explore our library, you will see innovative, personal home designs that the Hibbs Homes team has built for our clients in Salt Lake City and St Louis. These homes vary in style, size, form, and function because every home is truly custom designed to achieve our clients’ goals. As you peruse our floor plans and gallery of completed projects, we encourage you to take note of the elements that you want included in your custom home.
New Home Construction Process
As we guide you through the budgeting, design, and selection stages of your home construction project, you will benefit from the proven processes that make us stand apart from other home builders in the Salt Lake City region. We know that communication is the foundation of an exceptional building experience, so we provide you with access to an online dashboard where you can easily monitor the progress of your project and communicate with our building team.
At Hibbs Homes, we are your partner from the planning and design process through your closing and warranty period. We work closely with your architect to ensure the goals for your dream home are achieved - and that your design stays within your budget. Your project manager and superintendent are your team throughout the home building process. They are there to answer your questions, keep your home on schedule, and to help you make decisions as you go.
- The team at Hibbs Homes has provided us with excellent service in the process of building out our home. They are extremely informative and definitely know their stuff inside in out. It was awesome having their team walk us through every step of the process!
— Bryan Fernandez,
Verified Google Review
Let Us Bring Your Custom Home To Life
Not all Salt Lake City custom home builders are the same. At Hibbs Homes, we take a different approach to new home construction. Our home building team relies on proven processes for communication and building that deliver an exceptional client experience and a better-built custom home. Our dedication to working closely with our clients and partners has made us one of the best custom home builders since 2004.
Building a Custom Home in Salt Lake City
The housing market in the Salt Lake City area is growing so rapidly, and the growth in entertainment and job opportunities is a sure signal it won’t be slowing any time soon. We have worked with clients in several different situations to help them bring their dream home to life throughout Northern Utah. We have worked with clients who are relocating to Utah for a job opportunity in the Silicon Slopes and want to build a single-family home that reflects their personal style and the way they live. Building a custom home is the solution for many Utahans who are having trouble finding the right home for their family is an increasingly competitive market. We also have worked with families who have been visiting Park City, Deer Valley, and Canyon Ski Resorts for decades and have decided to build a vacation home that provides easy access to these world-famous ski resorts. Whatever reason has motivated you to build a new home, Hibbs Homes can help you build the house you need exactly where you want to live.
Hibbs Homes can put you in touch with one of our Salt Lake City region Realtor® partners who specialize in finding land for new home construction. They can help you locate everything from lots in resort-style communities to private lots with acreage to infill solutions within established neighborhoods. As competition in the Salt Lake and Park City housing markets continues to grow, our real estate partners and our client relations team have access to opportunities to purchase land earmarked for new home construction and lots that are not available on the MLS.
Once you’ve found the right piece of land in Salt Lake County, Wasatch County, or Summit Count to build your home, a member of the Hibbs Homes building team will walk the lot with you to assess the condition and any special recommendations that you'll need to consider during the home design process. We’ll work with your architect of choice to consider factors such as the topography of the lot, utility connections, and the placement of your home to not only ensure you're home will take advantage of the outstanding views, but also make sure your project is economically built and stays on schedule.
Build on Your Land in Park City, Salt Lake City & Northern Utah
Building your dream home starts with finding the right piece of land in the right community and then designing a home that will last a lifetime. We can start the home building process using a floor plan you already have in mind, or we partner with one of the many outstanding Salt Lake City and Park City architects to design a luxury or custom home from scratch. Whether it is a well-appointed Modern Prairie-style home in the Red Ledges or a Rambler in Hideout Canyon, we can help you build a truly inspired home in any of the open build resort-style communities throughout Northern Utah.
Stay on Budget During New Home Construction in Salt Lake City
As a dedicated custom home builder, Hibbs Homes understands the opportunities and challenges that come with building homes as unique as each of our clients. When building a brand new design there are a lot of things to consider, and we can walk you through that process to make sure your dream home is built economically without compromising on style. That is why we recommend choosing a home builder as early in the process as possible and many architects prefer to have a custom home builder at the table from the beginning of the home design process. Finding an experienced new home builder who values communication will save you considerable time and money over the course of your home construction project.
Benefits of Hiring a High-Performance Home Builder
At Hibbs Homes, every home we build seamlessly integrates high-quality and energy-efficient materials and practices to deliver a more comfortable home that requires less maintenance. Energy-efficient, or green homes, have lower monthly utility costs even in some of the most rugged weather conditions.
For many people, their home is the single biggest investment they will make in their lifetime. Homes that are built for energy efficiency not only cost less to live in but they also often have higher resale values. As an Energy-Star and ComfortBuilt-certified builder, Hibbs Homes has worked with clients to build highly efficient, fully certified green homes. However, not every client is required to certify their homes and some of our clients have chosen to integrate a number of sustainable home features into their home’s design.
- SOLAR PANELS - Solar panels use the sun’s ultraviolet rays to generate energy. By utilizing solar panels to power your home, you’ll realize a significant decrease in your monthly utility costs. There are a great number of incentives at the federal and local levels to offset the cost of installing solar panels on your custom home. Another option that we offer our clients is building a home that is “Solar Ready” - meaning that the infrastructure is in place to add solar panels at a future date with minimal modification.
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT WINDOWS - Windows are one of the most important elements of an energy-efficient custom home. We will guide you through the window selection process in order to prevent heat loss or gain that would impact the performance of your home. One option to consider is the installation of energy-saving blinds that can be set on a schedule, so you won’t have your blinds open during the hottest parts of the summer.
- SMART THERMOSTATS Smart thermostats are essential when it comes to saving energy. Instead of having your thermostat set to the same temperature day and night when you don’t necessarily need it, you can set a schedule to have it heat or cool the home when you’re home. This means it won’t run as much when you’re away at work all day. This all translates to lower electric bills.
- INSULATION - Hibbs Homes is an Owens Corning ComfortBuilt-Certified builder. Working with their building scientists, our home construction team has determined how best to build in each climate zone to maximize the efficiency of our homes. The use of high-performance insulation in our custom homes reduces and controls the exchange of air between the inside to the outside. By controlling the exchange of hot and cold air, the home maintains a more consistent temperature creating a more comfortable living environment while reducing the use of your HVAC system.
As an ENERGY STAR Certified Home Builder, every home we build is designed to meet or exceed the EPA’s ENERGY STAR home building standards, Our integrated approach to creating better-built homes relies on proven processes and best practices for building to deliver homes with:
- Fewer air leaks and drafts due to our comprehensive air sealing, higher-performing doors and windows, and high-quality insulation.
- More comfortable, consistent temperatures throughout the entire house, room-to-room, floor-to-floor
- Higher durability water management system, including components such as flashing, moisture barriers, and heavy-duty membranes.
- Better indoor air quality because of the tighter building envelope and a high-performance air filter that reduces dust, pollen, viruses, and allergens.
Our Proven Process for New Home Construction
If you're ready to build a home on your land with your floorplans in Salt Lake City, Park City, and Northern Utah, Hibbs Homes is here to guide you through the first steps of the home building process through moving day. Since 2004, we have partnered with clients to build truly unique, truly custom homes for today and tomorrow - homes that fit their lifestyles and their dreams. We encourage you to reach out to a variety of general contractors in Salt Lake City and Park City to discover where you can find the best home building options for your needs.
The earlier you enlist a general contractor for your home building project, the more time and money you will save. Hibbs Homes has an experienced home building team that is ready to help you navigate the process from lot selection and design through closing and warranty, and we will ensure you have an exceptional home building experience. Building your dream home should be a fun process, and working with a home builder who will be your advocate and partner is the best place to start that journey.
We look forward to working with you to help you make your dream home a reality!