Build a Custom Home in Midway, UT
Our Proven Home Building Process + Superior Communication
We believe that communication between the builder and client is vital to the success of the project! With Hibbs Homes, you can rely on an exceptional experience for your custom home construction project. Over the last two decades as a dedicated custom home builder, we have developed proven processes and procedures that enable us to build better custom homes for our clients. We rely on high-performance materials and building processes to deliver a measurably more comfortable and energy-efficient home that requires less maintenance. These processes help maximize your investment and can help boost your home's resale value in the future.
When you build a custom home with Hibbs Homes, you have complete control and insights into the home building process from the very beginning. Our online communication dashboard gives you the tools to monitor the progress of your build and to communicate your ideas to your design/build team.
Whether you're relocating to Midway or are ready to build your dream home in a community you already love - our custom home building team is here to help you along the way. Give us a call to get started with the home building process today!
Midway, Utah Community Profile
Hibbs Homes is one of the best luxury and custom home builders in Midway, Utah. This is a highly sought-after area in northern Utah because of the close-knit, family-friendly community values that are at the heart of this community. Utah transplants and natives alike love the area because it is home to a host of unique and high-end restaurants and is just a fifteen-minute drive to some of the best ski resorts and lakes in the state. Midway is known for being a safe place to raise a family and one of the top 25 cities to retire in, which makes it the third fastest-growing county in the U.S.
Midway was founded in 1859 by a group of English settlers, which developed into a quaint dairy farming community. Swiss immigrants settled in the area because it reminded them of their native Switzerland. The Swiss influence can be seen in the architecture, dress, decoration, and food throughout the area. Midway's annual Swiss Days brings thousands of visitors to learn about and celebrate the Swiss heritage of the city. A bedroom community for the Salt Lake City and Provo areas, many of the residents enjoy a shorter-than-average 20-minute commute time. Midway is the closest city to Soldier Hollow, so it played host to the biathlon and cross country skiing events during the 2002 Winter Olympics.
|Population Density (sq mi)||25.3||40||91|
|Married (15yrs & Older)||72%||60%||55%|
|Families w/ Kids Under 18||48%||51%||43%|
Midway, UT has a population of 5,639 and is the 86th largest city in Utah. The population density is 1,016 people per square mile. The average age in Midway is 28, which is approximately 2% lower than the Utah average of 30.
Cost of Living
|Cost of Living Index||124||103||100|
|Health Care Index||92||93||100|
Here you can see an outline of the cost of living in Midway, UT. With the average cost of living in Midway, UT being 124, which puts it 21% higher than the cost of living in Utah and 24% higher than the nation's average. This simple outline of the cost of living index was formulated using prices of goods and services (weighted at 33%), housing prices (30%), groceries (13%), utilities (11%), transportation (9%), and health care (5%). Thus, goods & services and housing influence the majority of the cost of living index. The price of daily goods & services is a reliable number to be aware of when considering the general price of the city's goods.
Grocery Stores in Midway
- Ridley's Family Markets
- Ridley's Express
- Probst Farms
- Heber Light and Power
- Dominion Energy
- Midway City Water
Trash Service Company/Garbage Collector
- Wasatch County Public Works
Midway is served by the Wasatch County School District which educates 7,000+ students from Midway and the surrounding communities of Heber City, Wallsburg, Daniel, and Charleston. There are 8 public schools in the district for students in grades PK-12. The district also offers unique educational opportunities through its dual immersion Spanish language program and at the Center for Advanced Professional Studies campus.
Notable schools in Midway are:
- Wasatch High School
- Midway School
- Rocky Mountain Middle School
- Heber Valley Hospital
Places of Worship
Some places of worship in or near Midway are:
- Calvary Chapel New Life
- MVF Church
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- St. Lawrence Church
- Independent Baptist Church
- Christian Life Center
The top employers in Midway are:
- U.S. Army
- Alternative Behavioral Strategies
- CR England
- Agent Boost Marketing
- Westgate Resorts
- Blue Boar Inn - This four-star, four-diamond bed and breakfast in Midway is consistently named among the Best of Utah for fine dining. Featuring northern European fare such as fondue and specialty seafood dishes, Blue Boar Inn is also known for having an exceptional brunch.
- Cafe Galleria - Located in the heart of Midway, Cafe Galleria offers a variety of woodfired pizzas and bagels. They also offer an extensive dessert and wine list to complement their menu or enjoy over small bites and live music on the patio.
- Fanny's Grill - Located inside the Homestead Resort, Fanny's is a quick stop for comfort food that tastes like it was home-cooked. Enjoy views of the golf course on the patio or watch a game from the bar inside.
- Fill 'er Up Coffee Station - This local favorite coffee shop is located inside of a renovated depression-era gas station. In addition to their high-octane java and sweet ice creams, they also serve breakfast and lunch at this nostalgic eatery.
- Back 40 - A farm-to-table concept, Back 40 is known for its variety of healthful options, including homemade kombucha and gluten-free bread. Their locally-inspired menu is as delicious as it is reasonably priced.
- Midway Mercantile - Located inside an old general and grocery store, Midway Mercantile is a family-owned restaurant that prides itself on the farm to table ingredients. It really comes alive after dark as a hotspot for dinner and drinks, and they've recently added a series of exclusive monthly wine dinners to their offerings.
- The Pub at Zermatt - Situated on the third floor of the Zermatt Utah Resort and Spa, the pub is the perfect place to kick back and unwind after a day of adventure or a stretch of meetings. Delicious barbecue is also available at the Pub, delivered from the resort's Wildfire Smokehouse during the restaurant's normal operating hours.
Fun Things to Do in Midway
The Homestead - Midway is home to a number of hot water springs, also known as hot pots, and The Homestead is centered around one known as the crater. Opening its doors in 1886, the resort is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and draws adventurous divers from around the country. The Homestead offers a variety of summer activities such as horseback riding, bicycle trails, golf, swimming, tennis, scuba diving, access to hiking trails, and other outdoor activities. In the winter, the maintain cross country ski trails and snowmobiling trails appropriate for all levels. Because the spring water stays warm, The Homestead offers warm water diving year-round.
Soldier Hollow Golf Course/Cross Country Ski trail - A venue for cross country skiing and biathlon events in the 2002 Winter Olympics, at Soldier Hollow can improve your cross country skiing skills in the same place where world records were set. Snowmobile trails are also available in the winter and early spring, and during the summer months, the track is used as a golf course.
Jordanelle Reservoir - The descendants of John Jordan, one Heber Valley’s original settlers, donated the land for Jordanelle. Boating, fishing, and camping are available. While there, you can also enjoy kayaking, canoeing, wakeboarding, paddleboarding, and water skiing then spend some time relaxing on the beaches afterward.
Swiss Days - Held every Labor Day Weekend, Swiss Days honors the Swiss who initially settled in Midway. Drawing thousands of visitors from around the state, the festival features a parade, tours of local homes, contests, and other fun events.
Deer Valley Summer Concerts - The evening concerts put on by the award-winning Utah Symphony on the hillside beside the Deer Valley Lodge are a highlight of summertime. Pack a picnic dinner and dine under the stars while you listening to these outstanding performers.
Owning Property in Midway, Utah
Midway, Utah was recently listed as one of the top up and coming areas in the country. The real estate in the community reflects this not only in the kind of homes that are built but also in the cost. The price of a home in Midway ranges from $750,000 to over $2 million.
If you are interested in building a new home in Midway, Utah, contact Hibbs Homes to learn more about the process and getting started. Our experienced custom home building team can help you design the perfect home that will last a lifetime.