Completed in the fall of 2011, this new home in Kirkwood, MO was awarded an "Infill of Merit" by the City of Kirkwood for being a new, single-family home that "fits seamlessly into the existing character of its neighborhood through architectural style and use of scale, proportion, materials, textures, and details." In 2021, Home Builder Digest recognized Hibbs Homes among the "Best Italianate Builders in the US" for our work building this home, which was designed by Jeff Day & Associates.
We partnered with our clients and the architect to build this Italianate-style home that is reminiscent of the older homes in the Kirkwood area and is more durable, extremely energy efficient, and more comfortable.
This custom-built two-story home Kirkwood features:
• James Hardie siding
• Energy Star appliances, lights, and windows
• Geothermal zoned heating and cooling
• Custom kitchen cabinets, living room bookcases, and bathroom vanities
• Master bath features tile warmer, granite countertops, and glass block shower surround
• Thorough caulk and seal package with upgraded insulation for improved efficiency
• Cedar decking and pergola
• Two-sided fireplace that can be enjoyed from the patio and great room
This home is a great example of how the beauty of traditional architecture and design meets advanced high-performance building techniques to create a home with character and charm the delivers outstanding energy efficiency and comfort.