Custom Modern Farmhouse with Bespoke Accents in Wildwood, MO
Our clients found the perfect lot in the perfect location and knew it was time to build their dream home. Located in Wildwood, MO this new home is a custom modern farmhouse and designed for their tastes and goals for family time and relaxation.
A barn and log cabin were deconstructed and the materials were saved for reuse in the new home. Materials made from wood salvaged from the home's site include the fireplace mantles, the newel posts on the stairs, and a custom herringbone floor for the family room.
The home also features custom cabinetry througout the first floor, which was hand made to their specifications. The master bedroom's ensuite features handmade tiles, as well. The second floor has two large bedrooms with private bathrooms for their children to stay in when they come to visit.
This one-of-a-kind modern farmhouse is a classic that has beautiful, bespoke touches that make it a standout.
- First-floor main bedroom suite with oversized walk-in closet
- Two large bedrooms upstairs with private baths
- Walk-in pantry
- Formal dining room with custom cabinetry
- Butler's Pantry
- Powder room accessible from the back porch
- Three covered porches with fans
Style: 2-Story Modern Farmhouse
Square Footage: 2,681
Baths: 3 full, 2 half baths
Garage Bays: 3
One-of-a Kind Sustainable Design
This custom home was built on the site of a barn, which was descontructed during sitework. The wood from the barn was reclaimed and used for the newel posts on the main staircase and to make custom herringbone flooring in the family room. Both mantles were hewn from trees on the property, as well.
Highlights of the home's design and selections include:
Exterior Home Design
- White siding by James Hardie
- Matte-black metal awning above the front porch
- Metal framed window
- Double front doors made from mahoghany with 6 beveled glass lights
Custom Great Room Finishes
- Exposed rough-hewn timber beams in the hearth room
- Custom built-in bookcases flanking the fireplace
- Direct vent fireplace with mantle made from a tree on the property
- French doors leading to outdoor living space
- Custom windows above shelving
Custom Kitchen for Gathering
- Custom cabinetry made by hand
- Double-length island with seating and expansive storage
- Floating shelves over the microwave station.
- Quartz countertops
- Handmade tiles for the backsplash
- Walk-in pantry with custom storage and shelving
- Eat-in breakfast nook with shiplap
Main Floor Primary Bedroom & Ensuite
- Bedside sconces with dual switches
- Sliding barn door to walk-in closet and bathroom
- Carrara tile throughout the main bathroom and shower
- Custom, handmade cabinetry with undersink drawer storage and outlets
- Dual Shower with bench
- Bidet toilet
Second Floor Design Details
- Custom stair newel posts made from reclaimed lumber from onsite
- 2 expansive bedrooms with private bathrooms
- Central loft area
- Window seating in each bedroom
- Wall sconces with dual lighting controls
Whole House Selections
- Anderson 100 series Low-E windows with black framing
- Whole-home sound system and wifi routers throughout the home
- Casablanca Hardwood Plank Flooring
- Comfort package with BIBS Insulation, R49 attic, and soundproof insulation
If you're interested in building a modern farmhouse-style home, check out our floorplans or explore this recently completed modern farmhouse Hibbs Homes built in Town and Country, MO.